Tuesday, August 3, 2010

g & g

Grandma Daisy.  Grandpa John.
every. single. day.  --I miss you both like mad.
There are all these rose colored memories that float around my head--  there you are sitting at your huge wooden table that is covered in everyday bed sheets and also lace from china and always colorful batiks from india. 
Everyone has a little english teacup.  and maybe a brownie or grapes or cookies from a dutch tin.  or a swedish pancake.  or a papadom.    
And the stories of your travels and your life in india wander through the daily conversation.  something about an elephant;  something about getting lost; something about a nice couple selling fruit at the market.  something about a church.  something about cooking.  

I wish I could sit at that table again with you and talk with you about this trip we are taking.  I know you would have miles to say about everything.  I know you could put my mind to rest.  

Rachel  

No comments:

Post a Comment